At The Wentworth Arms
Hello & Welcome To The Loft
The Loft is a newly renovated first floor private event space in the historic Wentworth Arms in the heart of Mapplewell.
Whether your private event is a family gathering, a birthday party or a casual wedding, our self-contained venue is designed to allow for maximum flexibility to suit the needs of your event.
The space is suitable for groups of up to 80 people standing and groups of up to 56 seated guests.
We are ideally situated, 5 minutes off the M1 Junction 38, between Leeds and Sheffield and offer free onsite parking.
The nearest train station is Darton Station which is 1.4 miles away.
Your Celebration At The Loft
The Loft’s sympathetic design and makes it the perfect event venue / function room for hosting your celebration.
At The Loft we are happy to host your event wheter it’s a birthday, anniversary, wedding, civil partnership, hen do or just good old fashioned get together.
We can accommodate 56 guests seated or a maximum of 80 guests standing, we offer maximum flexibility to suit the needs of your event.
We can provide in house catering alongside function room hire should you require food for your event.
Options include seated private dining for up to 56 guests or hot or cold buffet for up to 80 guests.
All menu’s can be tailored to suit your tastes and budget.
Please note we do not allow outside catering other than celebration cakes.
When hiring The Loft there is a fixed room hire charge of £250 for any private event. All boookings are provisional until room hire charge is paid.
The room hire charge will be refunded if you and your guests achieve the miniumum spend, see below for details of minimum spend:
£500 for Sunday – Thursdays and Friday/Saturday afternoons
£1000 for Friday and Saturday Evenings
For A Show Stopping Event
- Waterton’s Reserve Gin Tasting
- Nailmaker beer tasting evening
- Cocktail packages from £25pp
- Facilities for hosting your own karaoke
- Facilities to share your favourite memories on a big screen
- Play your own spotify playlist
You can contact us
Terms & Conditions
Our Standard Deposits and Cancellation Policy
– There is a non-refundable room hire charge of £250 for all private events, payable upfront in order to secure the booking. Please note, after initial booking enquiry if the deposit is not paid within 7 days the booking will not be finalised.
– With the exception of certain special occasions such as Christmas or organised events where a ticket price may apply. In these cases, payment for the ticket may be requested in full prior to the event.
– We reserve the right to deduct any damages caused to the room from any deposit received from the booker(s).
– Room hire will be waived/refunded on private events where the minimum food/drink spend has been reached. If the final bill is less than our stated minimum, we reserve the right to retain some of the room hire fee of up to £250.
– Any booking made after April 2023 are subject to a 5% increase.
– Any wedding booking made will be required to pay the full amount at least 8 weeks prior to the booking date.
Our Cancellation Policy
– The continued viability of our business relies on reservations being honoured by our customers, and adequate notice being given of any changes or cancellations. 1. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for any booking that is cancelled, or if numbers are reduced without prior notice.
– For all bookings, you must notify us of a full cancellation 30 days prior to the date of your reservation. For all bookings, you must notify us to any changes in the number of guests at least 7 days prior to the date of your reservation.
– The Loft reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of up to £250 for any bookings changed or cancelled with less notice than the above given time limits for cancellations or changes.
– The cancellation fee reflects the cost incurred by The Loft in terms of staffing, food, preparation, and any lost revenue as a result of turning away other potential bookings.
– We will notify you if any cancellation fee is applied.
– Any bookings which fail to turn up without any prior notice, will forfeit their £250 room hire fee.
– Where possible, our team will actively manage event bookings by checking attendance with the main guests/contact we have in our booking diary.
– The cancellation fee for a wedding will be charged at 50% of the total invoiced amount.